Thursday, February 12, 2009

Song Analysis polygraph, right now

It is no secret that young women enjoy toying with vulnerable young men. This is a common but still odd hormonal reaction. With their teasing and lying, young women may feel strong emotions for an individual, but if there is no popular consensus of him being cute, rich, or in any way desirable by other girls, the young lady will reject the young man. In the song “Polygraph, Right Now”, by Spill Canvas, there are many comparatives to how twisted young ladies can be.
It is no secret that the young lady Nick Thomas, the lead singer of Spill Canvas, is singing about at one point hurt him. “I wanna break into your heart, to see why you want us apart”, insinuating that he wants to know more about her true feelings towards him and why she was for this break up. “If there is truly another secret lunch-break, working late lover; then I would die, but at least then I'd be free.” Saying is admitting that it would be easier for him to know than to live a life of lies. In the chorus Thomas feels as though this is life, now until the day he dies, will be meaningless and that fate, as if she was an actual person, is an evil individual who tortures him just for her own enjoyment. In an interview Thomas does talks about unfaithfulness and how it is from the view of someone who has suspicions about their significant other. How it can drive them crazy with jealousy and how it can be a horrible think if it can not be controlled.
The connection between theme and this song is the experience. It is something that has happened to many people and will unfortunately continue into the future. This song is an example of a past decision that can affect ones entire life, if they let it. Not does this happen but there is a bit of acceptance of these actions by society. A good example is how there is a website being advertised on the radio about being able to have a secrete affair with others who also want to have an affair. That is unacceptable no matter what the pretenses.
“She loves salting my wounds; Yes, she enjoys nothing more.” This is an example of personification, giving an inanimate object the ability to act like human beings. “I wanna break into your heart, to see why you want us apart.” it’s a metaphor for Thomas wanting to be able to sit down with her and talk. Get everything out truthfully and honestly and get all the answer to his question about her sporadic behavior. “Angel, what are you hiding from me?” Thomas is asking her a question. He wants to know what she is keeping from him. He wants her to confirm the concerns he has for his love.
Looking at this work of Nick Thomas there is a feeling of that this is personal and he still has thought on this. After listing to this song one may feel as though there was no aid in dealing with this situation, which is because there is no real way to make this predicament better. There is no known way to make girls less twisted and crude to men, especially at a young age. Until we see the day where all women as a whole can treat not only men civilly but also other women, that will be the day that there is no concern about love. Although all songs and emotional meaning songs will be forever lost and make musical entertainment mire expression of the wealthy and how mush they do indeed enjoy it. Creating envy in all and causing a new problem that rids the world of all music because of jealousy.



THE SPILL CANVAS LYRICS"Polygraph, Right Now"
ChorusFate is an elegant, cold-hearted whoreShe loves salting my woundsYes, she enjoys nothing moreI bleed confidence from deep within my guts nowI'm the king of this pity party with my jewel encrusted crown
Verse 1I wanna tear apart your roomto see if what you say is trueDarling don't you lie, lie to meI wanna break into your heartto see why you want us apartOh, I'm scared to death to find out what you think of me
ChorusFate is an elegant, cold-hearted whoreShe loves salting my woundsYes, she enjoys nothing moreI bleed confidence from deep within my guts nowI'm the king of this pity party with my jewel encrusted crown
Verse 2According to you we don't click,that's a blatant lie and you know itAngel, what are you hiding from me?If there is truly another secret lunch-break,working late loverthen I would die, but at least then I'd be free
Chorus
Fate is an elegant, cold-hearted whoreShe loves salting my woundsYes, she enjoys nothing moreI bleed confidence from deep within my guts nowI'm the king of this pity party with my jewel encrusted crown

Bridge

Chorus
Fate is an elegant, cold-hearted whoreShe loves salting my woundsYes, she enjoys nothing moreI bleed confidence from deep within my guts nowI'm the king of this pity party with my jewel encrusted crown

Chorus
Fate is an elegant, cold-hearted whoreShe loves salting my woundsYes, she enjoys nothing moreI bleed confidence from deep within my guts nowI'm the king of this pity party with my jewel encrusted crown

No comments:

Post a Comment